The Most Intimidating books on my shelves!

Hey my lovelies, welcome to this weeks monday post and it's about the books I find the most intimidating books on my shelves! 

The first book on my list is A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas, the reason I find the first two books in this series so intimidating is due to the various reviews of the novel. As some people appear to love the first book in the series and then go on to either slate the second book or talk about how some characters were incredibly OOC. And the idea of reading a book like this is why it is currently being just one of my bookshelf warmers rather than being high on my TBR pile. 

The next book on my list is a series and that is A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin, I am a huge fan of the Game of Thrones tv show, and due to this purchased the boxset. However, now that the tv show has overtaken the books, it's really not setting a desire off inside of me to read the series, especially not when you take into account the size of each of the novels and that we have no idea when the next novel is to come out (It's expected for this year, but who really knows?). On the other hand, I have not read a lot of books, where the tv show actually surpasses the book in standard, so that is another pro for reading it. 

The third book on my list is another series and another Sarah J Maas book, and is Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas, I own all of the released TOG books, and all of them are sitting pretty next to my ACOTAR books. I read the first book approximately 2 years ago, and enjoyed it, however none of it really impressed me much, which is why even though I own the rest of the series, I never felt the inclination to pick the next book up. However, after going into a Waterstones to purchase Kings Cage by Victoria Aveyard, the woman behind the counter, recommending this series to me, and said it only got better after the second book. But the fact there is already six books released and one(+ a novella) more to come, does not inspire the greatest of confidence within me. 

The fourth book on my list is Cinder by Marissa Meyer, this is like some of the others due to the sheer size of the series, and I know once I commit to the first book, I will have to read the other four books in the series. And as at the moment I am finding it quite difficult to read one book, let alone five or six. And I know if I don't finish the series, it really will grate on me like it does with the various other unfinished series on my shelves.

The fifth book (series) on my list is another one that I've read the first before, and is the Harry Potter series by J K Rowling. The reason this book intimidates me so much is due to my love of the films. The Harry Potter films are some of my favourite films of all time, and I have been told by various people that the books made them dislike the films, due to the inconsistency's and because of the cutting of various story lines. And after being so disappointed with the Divergent films, I really don't want this to happen to my beloved Harry Potter films. Although despite this I will be still getting one of the new Slytherin editions of books as soon as the first comes out in June (I believe?), because they are stunning, even if green isn't my colour. 

The sixth and final book on my list is The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, this is another book that lots of people claim to love, and then a lot of people hate depending on your writing style preference. I have never read a Maggie Stiefvater book as of yet, and already own the Shiver series, but I am slightly nervous to read this, as I do really want to enjoy these books, and despite what this list has to say about me I do tend to read more contemporary's than fantasy, even if I do own more fantasy. Has anyone else ever noticed that fantasy books tend to have prettier book covers? I am a sucker for a good cover, I have to admit.

That is it for this weeks monday post my lovelies, I hope you enjoyed it, and don't hesitate to let me know what books you find intimidating or even if you think I should change my mind about some of the books on my list. 

Previous Bookish Post: Book trends I'm tired off
Next Bookish Post: Underrated YA book Gift Guide
EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: